***We are especially recruiting for Editors specializing in physics, chemistry, psychology, economics and mathematics at the present time***
- Attend and assist with Editing Training Program(s).
- Work with Editor in Chief and Managing Editors to finalize submissions for publication.
- Apply your background in any scientific discipline to the editing and finalization of research submissions.
- Assist in developing and sustaining the JUST Faculty Review Board.
- Perform excellent peer review of student research relevant to your scientific background(s).
Ideal Qualities and Experiences
- Strong verbal, writing and editing abilities.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Able to successfully seek out help and resources from Faculty Advisers and Editors.
- Significant research experience in a STEM discipline such as biology, mathematics, physics, economics, psychology, and/or engineering sciences, to name a few examples.
- Experience publishing research or writing scientific manuscripts.
- Knowledge of fundamental grammar techniques and scientific manuscript formatting (e.g. PLoS Guidelines).
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines through effective planning of the Editing Timeline and management of the Editing Team.
- Able to meet in the evenings twice a month for Editing Committee Meetings.
- Have an interest to write or edit pop-sci articles on various scientific topics.
Commitment & Expectations
- Meet all Responsibilities.
- Attend Editing Meetings once/twice a month.
- Commitment of at least one semester towards the position. Preference will be given to those applicants who can commit an entire academic year.
- Ability to meet on campus throughout the semester on a regular basis (i.e. you must have time in the evenings throughout the week to hold meetings).
- Must be present at UW-Madison (i.e. study-abroad students will not be considered).
Apply now for immediate consideration for this position. Position will begin officially in Fall 2017.